Do you want to learn more about your health, get active with exercise professionals, make new friends and connect with your community? Then Daughters of the West is for you!
This FREE ten-week health program is facilitated by the Western Bulldogs Community Foundation in partnership with the City of Ballarat. The aim of the program is to empower women to make their health and wellbeing a priority by giving them the tools and knowledge.
Each week, for ten weeks, you will meet in a local community group for two hours where you will:
- Hear from a range of guest presenters who will lead an interactive discussion on various health topics such as nutrition, mental fitness, health screenings and more
- Connect with some great women within your area
- Participate in fun, group-based exercise, with our supportive exercise staff. There are two or three exercise groups to join based on level of intensity (low, medium and high) to ensure all fitness levels and abilities can get the most out of it!
Benefits in joining Daughters of the West
- Access to health experts each week for free
- Learn more about your health and ways to make your wellbeing a priority
- Connect with health and community services within your area
- Form bonds with other women within your community
- Get active with a range of workouts to meet everyone’s fitness levels
- Chance to win prizes!
Who can join?
Daughters of the West is open to women and those who identify as women, aged 18 and over who live or work in Victoria’s west.
Due to popularity, sessions will be offered at two venues.
Date: Commencing Tuesday 11th July
Venue: Wendouree Neighbourhood House – 1 Holly Grove, Wendouree
Time: 10:30am to 12:30pm
Date: Commencing Wednesday 12th July
Venue: Phoenix P-12 Community College – Sebastopol Campus – Hertford Street, Sebastopol
Time: 7:00pm to 9:00pm
For more information or to book your spot, click here.