Sport Central is a not-for-profit, member-based organisation and our priority communities include sporting clubs and leagues, active recreation groups and community sector partners.
We deliver a range of programs and services to our members and the wider community to support sport and active recreation in all its forms.
Sports Central are committed to supporting the Central Highlands sporting community through the unique and challenging period created by COVID-19, and with this in mind the Board of Management have decided to waive our 2020 membership fee of $44.
We offer a range of services, including:
- Three hours of one on one support from our staff, tailored to meet your needs
- One free voucher for an organisation member to attend a Responsible Service of Alcohol Course
- Member priority access to training workshops, including grant writing
- Discounted Responsible Service of Alcohol Courses and Club Liquor Licensing Seminars for organisation members
- Access to Vicsport member events and the benefits of other memberships that Sports Central take out on behalf of our members.
- Regular member updates, including notification of grants, training opportunities and sports industry information
- Monthly ‘Get Active’ and Development and Support’ e-newsletters
- Promotion of your events and news through our website and social media
Sports Central has the expertise and skills to assist your organisation with growing participation, fundraising and sponsorship, governance, grant writing, marketing, planning, volunteer management and more.
We are connected to networks and partnerships locally, state-wide and nationally that give you access to the latest information and support to run your organisation the best you can.
Sports Central were integral to providing guidance in getting the Ballarat All Girls cricket program off the ground. Their planning, grant writing and physical assistance was second to none. Without the professional, helpful and friendly staff at Sports Central we would not have had the successful program that we have today.
Greg Wakeling, Operations Manager, Ballarat Cricket Association