Dear Members and Stakeholders,
In line with the changing expert medical and health advice, Sports Central has wound back the delivery of our community programs and services. We recognise that as a lead organisation in the sport and active recreation sector we have a role to play to help reduce the transmission and spread of COVID-19.
Considering the most recent developments in relation to COVID-19, we wish to advise that the following adjustments have been made to our programs and services:
- All community sport and active recreation programs are postponed until further notice
- All group capacity building activities – workshops, training courses, etc are postponed until further notice
- All other service delivery activities are under constant review and will be adjusted as needed based on expert medical and health advice
For each of our programs and services, the implications of this are:
- Access for All Abilities programs for people with disability – Postponed until further notice
- Club Support – Being delivered wherever possible using technology
- Workshops – Postponed until further notice
- Sport and active recreation programs – Postponed until further notice
- Women and girls in sport: Quick wins for community clubs – Being delivered wherever possible using technology
All events are postponed until at least the end of Term 2.
The men’s health program is postponed until at least the end of June.
- Club accreditation meetings are being conducted wherever possible using technology
- Responsible Service of Alcohol and Liquor Licensing courses for sporting clubs are postponed until further notice
Collectively the Sports Central team is looking at other options of delivery and reviewing the situation daily. We will keep the Central Highlands sport and active recreation community as well as our project partners informed as the situation changes.
As a whole community we are working through a unique and challenging situation, much of what we are trying to plan for and respond to as a community is uncertain, which brings with it an understandable level of anxiety. Ultimately, we need to be guided by expert medical and health advice and implement actions for the benefit of our community’s health and wellbeing.
As an organisation, in collaboration with our Regional Sport Victoria colleagues, our two priorities through this period are:
- Supporting the Central Highlands sport and active recreation sector to ensure it comes through this period in as strong a position as possible
- Doing everything we can to encourage the Central Highlands community to stay active, wherever possible, which we think is more important than ever
With this in mind, we have developed a survey that will allow you to share some information with us about the impact of COVID-19 on your organisation. We are gathering these insights so that the team can tailor our services and support to meet the needs of our members, the wider Central Highlands sporting community and our key partners over the coming months.
Please contact our team with any questions that you may have. We have published a COVID-19 Information for Central Highlands Community Sport page, which we will endeavour to keep up to date with community sport recommendations that are both sport specific and relevant to our six Local Government Areas.
I hope everyone stays well during this period and thank you in anticipation of your continued support of our programs and services.