Vicsport, in partnership with Victoria University and Federation University and with support from VicHealth and Sport and Recreation Victoria, have collaborated to bring you this Retention and Participation in Sport webinar.
The webinar will share the general trends in participation including retention and drop-out over the past years (2015 – 2018) and as well as ideas about how to retain members in the COVID-19 period. This will include ideas that sports have already used to engage with members during COVID-19 and some ideas for the future to use the date to retain members.
The webinar will address:
- Participation levels and trends
- Influences on participation
- Value of sport: the health benefits of participation
- Places to play: the nexus between facilities and participation
The webinar will include a panel of experts, consisting of the following members:
- Lisa Hasker – CEO, Vicsport (MC)
- Professor Rochelle Eime – Victoria University & Federation University
- Professor Hans Westerbeek – Victoria University
- Emma Staples – Head of Participation, Community Development and Diversity, Cricket Victoria
- Angela Banbury – General Manager Netball Development, Netball Victoria
- Date: Wednesday 26 August 2020
- Time: 10:30am – 12:00pm
- Cost: Free
- Platform: Zoom
For further information or to register for the webinar, click here.