The FIDA Western Country Conference Virtual Challenge will allow members of all abilities football and netball teams to stay physically active and socially engaged in the absence of normal competition. The Virtual Challenge will encourage members to complete 30 minutes of exercise each week to go into the running to win prizes for themselves and their clubs.
The Virtual Challenge will require participants to upload photos and/or videos to Facebook of themselves completing exercise each week to become eligible for prizes.
The Virtual Challenge will be hosted on the FIDA Western Country Conference Facebook page and will be coordinated in partnership by Sports Central and Wimmera Regional Sports Assembly (WRSA) on behalf of all clubs.
Members of FIDA Western Country Conference football and netball teams are eligible to participate in the Virtual Challenge, this includes Ballarat Bulldogs FNC, Grampians Giants FC, Hamilton Boomers FC, Mount Gambier NC, South Warrnambool Hurricanes FNC and Wimmera Whippets FNC.
The Virtual Challenge will commence on Monday 27th July 2020 and run for 5 weeks, concluding on Monday 31st August 2020.
- Week 1: Monday 27th July 2020 – Sunday 2nd August 2020
- Theme: Most Creative Home Workout
- Week 2: Monday 3rd August 2020 – Sunday 9th August 2020
- Theme: Most Impressive Goal
- Week 3: Monday 10th August 2020 – Sunday 16th August 2020
- Theme: To be determined
- Week 4: Monday 17th August 2020 – Sunday 23rd August 2020
- Theme: To be determined
- Week 5: Monday 24th August 2020 – Sunday 30th August 2020
- Theme: To be determined
How it works:
- Step 1: Like FIDA Western Country Conference on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/FIDAWesternConference/) or express interest in the Virtual Challenge via email to Sports Central or WRSA (contact details below).
- Step 2: Complete a minimum of 30 minutes of activity during each of the 5 weekly periods.
- Activity examples: Kicking the football, shooting the netball, running, walking, swimming, bike riding or working out from home
- Step 3: Once weekly, upload proof of activity via photo or video posted to the FIDA Western Conference Facebook page or via email to Sports Central or WRSA. Submissions entered via email will be uploaded to Facebook on behalf of the administrators.
- Weekly Prizes: $25 Rebel Sport voucher
- To be awarded to the most creative post that aligns with the weekly theme. To be announced on the Monday evening at the conclusion of each week.
- Major Individual Prize: $75 Rebel Sport Voucher
- To be drawn at random from pool of eligible participants. Participants who have uploaded at least one submission each week for the 5-week period will be eligible. To be announced on Monday 31 August.
- Club Prize: AFL Western Bulldogs signed guernsey
- To be drawn at random from pool of eligible clubs / teams. Clubs / teams who have 10 or more club members participating in the Virtual Challenge will be eligible. To be announced on Monday 31 August.
Social Media Policy: The Virtual Challenge will have a zero tolerance to anti-social behaviour, bullying, harassment or inappropriate language. Any posts of this nature will be immediately deleted, and the responsible people(s) will be ineligible for further participation.
Please direct enquiries to:
Wimmera Regional Sports Assembly
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Is there a cost involved in joining?
A: No, participation is free.
Q: How do I register?
A: You do not need to register. Simply upload posts to the weekly competition posts on the FIDA Western Country Conference Facebook page to enter the Virtual Challenge.
Q: If I exercise multiple times per week and upload multiple photos/videos, will I receive multiple entries into the prize pools.
A: Yes. Participants can submit multiple entries per week to be eligible for weekly and major prizes.
Q: How do you become eligible to win the Weekly Prizes?
A: You must complete 30 minutes of exercise and take a photo or video to provide proof. Once you upload your photo or video to Facebook you become eligible to win the Weekly Prize. The Weekly Prize will be awarded to the most creative entry in conjunction with the week’s theme.
Q: Who determines the Weekly Prize winners?
A: Sports Central and WRSA staff will determine the winners.
Q: How do you become eligible to win the Major Individual Prize?
A: To be eligible you must have completed at least 30 minutes of exercise each week for the 5-week period. You must also upload proof each week of this exercise via photo or video posts to the FIDA Western Country Conference Facebook page.
Q: How do you become eligible to win the Club Prize?
A: Only teams / clubs can win this prize. The winner will be drawn at random from pool of eligible clubs / teams. Clubs / teams who have 10 or more of their members participating in the Virtual Challenge will be eligible.
Q: I cannot leave my house to exercise at the moment, can I still participate?
A: Yes, any form of exercise will be accepted. We encourage participants to do home workouts if they cannot leave the house.
Q: I do not use Facebook, can I still participate?
A: Yes, participation can occur via Facebook and/or email. Entries submitted via email will be uploaded to the Facebook page on behalf of participants by the administrators. A weekly recap will then be distributed via email to all participants.
Q: I am not on Facebook, who do I email my photos and videos to?