COVID-19 has brought about many challenges for community sporting clubs, particularly in relation to sponsorship agreements and fundraising activities. Local businesses and organisations who provide financial support to clubs, some over a significant number of years are facing challenging times.
Now more than ever clubs have an important role to play to maintain their connection and show that they value the relationship with their sponsors. Without their generosity, clubs may not have enjoyed their past successes and opportunities for growth.
Ways in which clubs can support their sponsors include:
- Stay in touch through a personal phone call to understand their situation and ask how the club can help
- Promote through your communication channels any offers or initiatives your sponsors are providing and encourage your members to take up their offers
- Make a list of your food and beverage sponsors who are offering take away options and share these with your members
- Purchase vouchers that your club may use for future competitions
- Host player interviews or challenges that include sponsors names/branding.
Clubs within the Central Highland region have already been implementing some of the initiatives. Check out Avoca FNC, Ballarat Sebastopol BMX Club, Ballarat Basketball and Bacchus Marsh Soccer Club for some great examples.
Be sure to share what you are doing with the wider community as this will help showcase your club’s values and demonstrate that “we’re in this together”.