Updated on 4th August 2020
As announced by the Victorian Government over the weekend, from 11:59pm on Wednesday 5th August, regional Victoria will return to Stage 3 “Stay at Home” restrictions due to the increasing number of COVID-19 cases being recorded across the state.
This means there will again only be four reasons to be out:
- Shopping for food and essential items
- Care and caregiving
- Daily exercise
- Work and study – If you can’t do it from home
Key changes for sport and recreation activities:
- Indoor sports centres including gyms, training facilities and pools are closed
- Community sport training and competition cannot occur
- You can only exercise or undertake sporting activities outside with one other person or your household members – You must be able to keep at least 1.5 metres distance between yourself and others
- Some outdoor sport facilities are closed
- Personal training outdoors can occur but with a limit of two participants, plus the instructor
- You should exercise and use recreational facilities at the closest available location to your home
For specific information from the Department of Health and Human Services, click here.
We acknowledge that this is going to be challenging, as community sport will again need to cease.
We recognise the amazing work undertaken by many clubs, leagues and associations over the last few weeks in providing members of our community with the opportunity to participate, and strongly encourage all sporting organisations to stay connected with your members during this difficult time.
The Sports Central team are available to support the needs of your organisation and we encourage you to contact us via email@example.com, phone on 5331 6966 or get in touch directly with any of our staff that you have an existing connection with.