The online workshops are for sports coaches and teachers who want to learn strategies to support children with autism in their sessions. The workshops are facilitated by experts in autism and sports inclusion – Kieran Thorpe, Lecturer in Psychology, and Kellie Tait, Founder of AAA Sports Ballarat.
At the conclusion of the workshops, teachers and coaches will develop:
- A deeper understanding of autism.
- Practical strategies for the inclusion of participants with autism.
- A range of activities to engage participants with autism in sport.
- Understanding of why different behaviours occur and how you can support a child with autism.
Attendees will also receive a Certificate of Completion upon completion of the workshops.
The workshops will be held on Tuesday afternoons from 3:45pm – 5:15pm.
- Online Workshop 1: Tuesday, 28thJuly 2020
- Online Workshop 2: Tuesday, 4thAugust 2020
- Online Workshop 3: Tuesday, 11thAugust 2020
To book, follow this link: https://www.eventbrite.com.au/e/autism-and-sport-workshop-tickets-110623325344?aff=Email
Participants who register and pay before Tuesday 21st July 2020 can receive the Early Bird price $169. Bookings after Tuesday 21st of July are priced at $349.