Ballarat District Golf recently conducted the 2023 MyGolf Junior league competition. Held over a five-week period in conjunction with the local Junior Pennant season, the competition catered for a minimum of 60 boys and girls each week, with a total 79 players participating over the course of the season.
The MyGolf Junior League is aimed at boys and girls predominantly aged nine and above who have been introduced to the sport through a school-based program, the MyGolf program or are a member at an affiliated club and provides them with:
- The opportunity to play in a modified competition with other players of a similar age and skill level
- The opportunity to play at several Ballarat District Golf affiliated clubs
- An insight into the other junior development programs delivered by Ballarat District Golf
The MyGolf Junior League is played in teams of ten, with matches played over nine holes on a shortened course. Players participated in pairs with a Two-Ball Ambrose Match Play format used.
Team Leishman won the 2023 MyGolf Junior League, finishing with four wins and one loss for the season. Congratulations to the following players: Archie Smith, Elijah Rolls, Ethan White, Eva De Talko, Grace Beilfuss, Isaiah Whitehouse, Kaleb Dean, Keira O’Beirne, Makayla Kiellerup, Olivia McConchie, Tara O’Beirne and Zach Seater.
Team Green jumped up to finish runner up after sitting in fourth position on the ladder for the first four-weeks of the season. Congratulations to the following players: Alex Milligan, Angus Macdonald, Cameron Steele, Darcy Bellman, Harry Murphy, Hunter McAloon, June Goodwin, Lochlan Rowe, Maddy Rolls, Miller Cross, Paddy Casey and Ryder Bellman.
- All the players for participating and the parents and carers for supporting their involvement and supervising the matches
- Ballarat District Golf – Junior Development Committee members Andrew Cartledge, Tony Collier and Ron Adams for coordinating the competition and Executive Committee members Robert Rosenow and Jeanette Tocchet for their support
- Maryborough Golf Club, Bacchus Marsh West Golf Club, Buninyong Golf Club, Mt Xavier Golf Club and Midlands Golf Club for each hosting a round of matches
We are pleased to have supported Ballarat District Golf to establish and grow such a fantastic junior development program. If your club or organisation would like support to see your next great participation idea come to life, please contact one of the Sports Central team today.