View full site Menu
Services & Workshops
Responsible Service of Alcohol
Undertaking an approved Responsible Service of Alcohol course gives participants the skills and knowledge necessary to contribute to a safe, enjoyable environment in licensed premises.
Face-to-face Responsible Service of Alcohol training is mandatory for licensees and staff selling, offering or serving liquor for general, on-premises, late night and packaged liquor licences.
A Responsible Service of Alcohol course covers a range of topics including:
- Problems associated with excessive consumption
- Alcohol and the law
- The question of who takes responsibility
- Facts about alcohol
- Improving the atmosphere of your licensed premises
- Handling difficult customers
Sports Central conducts these courses for sporting clubs across the Central Highlands region.
Club Liquor Licensing Seminars
The objectives of the Club Liquor Licensing Seminar are to increase the knowledge and awareness of club committee members in dealing with liquor licensing issues and better equip committee members and club staff to address issues of alcohol misuse and abuse within the club.
A Club Liquor Licensing Seminar covers a range of topics including:
- The different types of liquor licences for clubs
- The club rules and types of visitors
- The supply of liquor to members under a licence
- Understanding and interpreting a liquor licence
- Red-line plans
- Maintenance of sign-in registers
- Displaying appropriate signage
- Understanding responsible service of alcohol in licensed venues
- Fundraising activities involving gaming
- Licence breaches
- The Australian Drug Foundation Good Sports Program
Sports Central host these seminars for sporting clubs across the Central Highlands region.
For more information, contact our team on 5331 6966 or email email@example.com
Food Handling and First Aid Courses
Is your club wanting to access Food Handling or First Aid training at your venue? Tempit are now offering courses for Sports Clubs in the Central Highlands. Contact us for more information.
Online Training Opportunities
Opportunities are available through a number of organisations:
- Play By The Rules – Children Protection, Harrassment & Discrimination, Complaint Handling, MPIO’s
- Beginning Coaching General Principles
- Introductory Level Officiating General Principles
- Responsible Service of Alcohol Refresher Course
- Food Safety Course – Accredited – Cost Involved
- Do Food Safely – Not Accredited (can achieve certificate) – Free
Sons of the West Ballarat
- Staying Active Newsletter – staying-active-edition-1-docx