View full site Menu
Workshop – Cracking the Fair Play Code
The Fair Play Code is a code of conduct for sport and recreation in Victoria and outlines the standards of behaviour expected for everyone involved in sport and recreation. It sends a loud and clear message that bad behaviour, violence, cheating and intimidation has no place in sport and recreation in our state.
Victoria’s sporting associations are required to adhere to and enforce the Fair Play Code, which came into effect on 1 July 2018, to receive funding from Sport and Recreation Victoria.
Where: Webbcona Bowls Club, Grevillea Road, Wendouree
When: Monday 4th November, 6:00pm – 7:30pm (CANCELLED) or
Tuesday 12 November, 6:00pm-7:30pm
Register online or RSVP directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Why is it important?
- Non-adherence to the Code can impact receiving funding from State Government, or if you are a tenant club where a Council is applying for funding.
- Adhering to the Code supports opportunities to participate in safe, welcoming and inclusive sport and recreation.
The workshop will cover:
- Principles of the Code
- Key elements of each principle
- Identifying gaps in policy and procedure
- Where to get more info, support and resources
For more information on the workshops contact Sports Central on 5331 6966.
For more information on the Fair Play Code (what you can do, how does it affect you, ambassadors), visit the Fair Play Code page on the Sport and Recreation Victoria website.