View full site Menu
VicHealth Active Club Grants – Open 21 August 2017
Round 2 of the VicHealth Active Club Grant program open on the 21st of August 2017.
Last year, VicHealth introduced an exciting new direction for Active Club Grants to get more people physically active through community sport, including two outcome areas:
Outcome area 1: Female participation:
- This is a key focus area for VicHealth, because the number of women participating in sport clubs is much lower than men.
- Our research shows this is due to a lack of suitable opportunities and difficulty prioritising physical activity over family, education and work commitments.
- Funding is available for clubs to establish new teams, programs or competitions specifically for women and girls.
Outcome area 2: Participation in social and modified forms of sport:
- Many Victorians are looking for sport opportunities that fit within their lifestyle.
- Social sport includes flexible, social and less structured opportunities, with a focus on fun and social interaction. Modified sport includes making changes to sports activities to best suit the needs and abilities of inactive or somewhat active people.
- Funding is available for clubs to establish a social or modified sport program.
Two levels of funding grants – up to $3,000 or up to $10,000 (limited to 10 grants per round) – are available to community sports clubs across Victoria.
Eligible clubs can also apply to strengthen or expand programs that have been recently established (formed from 1 January 2015 onwards) relevant to the Outcome Areas.
Clubs can read the guidelines and apply online at www.vichealth.vic.gov.au/activeclub.
Should you have any queries please do not hesitate to contact:
Active Club Grants on (03) 9667 1308 or email address (email@example.com)