View full site Menu
VicHealth Active Club Grants – Open 30th January 2018
Round 2 of the VicHealth Active Club Grant program for 2017-2018 will open on 30 January 2018 and close at 4pm on 2 March 2018.
VicHealth Active Club Grants funding helps local sport clubs across Victoria deliver more opportunities for women and girls to get active and provide more social, flexible and accessible sport programs for less active Victorians.
Outcome area 1: Female participation:
- Around half as many women take part in organised sport compared to men, and women are most likely to stop playing sport as teenagers.
- There is more momentum in female sport than ever before, but we need to offer more opportunities for women and girls to get involved in sport at the community level.
- VicHealth funding is available to support community clubs to implement initiatives that will engage more women and girls in sport, including establishing new teams, programs or competitions specifically for women and girls.
Outcome area 2: Participation in social and modified forms of sport:
- Many Victorians are looking for sport opportunities that fit within their lifestyle. Funding is available for community clubs to establish a social or modified sport program for less active Victorians.
- Social sport includes flexible, social and less structured opportunities, with a focus on fun and social interaction. Modified sport includes making changes to sports activities to best suit the needs and abilities of inactive or somewhat active people, and increase the accessibility of activities to a wider audience.
Two levels of funding grants – up to $3,000 or up to $10,000 (limited to 10 grants per round) – are available to community sports clubs across Victoria.
Eligible clubs can also apply to strengthen or expand programs that have been recently established (formed from 1 January 2015 onwards) relevant to the Outcome Areas.
Clubs can read the guidelines and apply online at www.vichealth.vic.gov.au/activeclub.
Should you have any queries please do not hesitate to contact:
Active Club Grants on (03) 9667 1308 or email address (email@example.com)