View full site Menu
Sport Comes Together to Lead Change
Sports from across the Central Highlands came together on Monday 27th November at Sovereign Hill to hear from some of the leading voices in the sporting sector to explore gender equity in sport.
Guest speakers included:
- Peter Gordon, President, Western Bulldogs Football Club
- Jerril Rechter, CEO, VicHealth
- Margot Foster AM, Former Olympian, Lawyer & Vicsport Chairman
- Greg Anders, Former President, Ballarat Golf Club
- Michael Flynn, EO, Sports Central.
The event was attended by over 100 people and explored prevention of violence against women, gender equity in sport and the role that our sporting community plays and can continue to play in building safe, equal and respectful communities.
Congratulations to the following organisations who have already signed on to the CoRE Alliance in the lead up and following the night.
- Ballarat Cricket Association
- Ballarat & District Soccer Association
- Buninyong Cricket Club.
We encourage all sporting organisations, clubs and associations to make a commitment to CoRE.
For more information visit https://whg.org.au/priorities-programs/core or contact Women’s Health Grampians on 5322 4100.