View full site Menu
Project Coordinator – Position Vacant
Sports Central are seeking an energetic Project Coordinator to join our team.
30 to 38 hours per week (0.8 to 1 EFT)
Sports Central is one of nine Regional Sport Assemblies operating throughout Victoria. Based in Ballarat, the organisation facilitates and supports participation in sport and active recreation across six shires in the Central Highlands region. The shires include Ararat Rural City Council, City of Ballarat, Golden Plains Shire Council, Hepburn Shire Council, Moorabool Shire Council and Pyrenees Shire Council.
Sports Central is a not-for-profit organisation, primarily funded through VicHealth to deliver Regional Sport Program and Sport and Recreation Victoria to deliver the Supporting Victorian Sport and Recreation Program. The organisation is also a partner with the City of Ballarat and the Western Bulldogs Community Foundation to deliver the Sons and Daughters of the West programs.
The Project Coordinator position is responsible for taking the operational lead on the organisation’s VicHealth – Regional Sport Program and to facilitate the Daughters of the West program, along with supporting the delivery of other funded programs.
The aims of the position are to deliver the following program outcomes:
VicHealth – Regional Sport Program
- Increase the physical activity levels of people in the Central Highlands region, with a particular focus on young people (12-17 years), women and girls
- Increase the number of community sport clubs across the Central Highlands region that are providing more welcoming, safe and inclusive environments for women and girls
Western Bulldogs Community Foundation – Daughters of the West
- Promote and coordinate the delivery of the women’s health program in partnership with the Western Bulldogs Community Foundation, City of Ballarat and other key stakeholders
- Promote the benefits of a healthy and active life through participation in sport and recreation
- Build the capacity of sport and active recreation providers by enhancing the knowledge and skills of administrators, coaches and officials
- Support the governance of sporting organisations through the development of policies, plans and sustainable practices
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
- Tertiary qualifications in health promotion, human movement, public health, sport management or a related discipline and / or appropriate equivalent work experience
- Knowledge and experience in project planning, implementation, management and evaluation
- Knowledge of the Australian sport and active recreation industry, particularly at community level
- Ability to engage with a broad range of population groups across specific ages, gender, people in rural and remote areas, socioeconomically disadvantaged people, people with a disability, Indigenous and CALD communities, etc.
- Understanding of the principles of health promotion and its application in a community sport and recreation setting
- Understanding of the principles of community development to achieve sustainable outcomes
- Ability to facilitate small group activities / consultations
- Strong organisation and time management skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Current driver’s licence
HOW TO APPLY
Review the position description – Project Coordinator Position Description – May 2019
Applicants are required to submit a cover letter, resume and address the key selection criteria. To submit an application, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close 5:00pm on Tuesday 18th June.