View full site Menu
Move It AUS – Participation Funding
The Move It AUS – Participation Grant Program provides support to help organisations get Australians moving and to support the aspiration to make Australia the world’s most active and healthy nation.
Note: The grants close 5pm 18 February 2019
The objectives of the Grant Program are:
- Getting inactive people moving in their local community;
- Building awareness and understanding of the importance of physical activity across all stages of life
- Improving the system of sport and physical activity by targeting populations at risk of inactivity, across all life stages
To be eligible to apply for the Move It AUS – Participation Grant Program, applicants must be one of the following entity types and have been operating for 12 months or longer:
- Sporting Organisations (excluding National Sporting Organisations*)
- Non-Government Organisations (NGO)** including physical activity organisations***; and/or
Local Government Organisations.
- The Australian Capital Territory Government does not have Local Government entities and is therefore eligible to apply.
*As defined in Appendix A of the Program Guidelines
**NGO is defined as an organisation which is neither a government department or a business operating for profit.
***Entities must have been operating with a Not for Profit status for at least 12 months
Stream 1 – Grants between $25,000 and $250,000 to fund local sport and physical activity organisations.
Note: Stream 2 is only available to National Sport Organisations.
For more information go to www.sportaus.gov.au to download program guidelines, read through how to apply online, FAQs and resources to help inform applications.