View full site Menu
Ballarat Golf Club awarded Inclusion Initiative of the Year
Ballarat Golf Club took home the Inclusion Initiative of the Year Award at the recent Victorian Golf Industry Awards, a joint initiative between the PGA, Golf Australia – Victoria and Golf Management Victoria.
The Inclusion Initiative of the Year Award recognises clubs, individuals or organisations who take significant steps to attract, welcome or include people with a disability, cultural or diverse backgrounds or indigenous communities in their club activities.
Snapshot of Ballarat Golf Club’s initiatives towards inclusion;
- Three qualified PGA All Abilities Coaches
- Hosted 2018 Victorian Amputee Championship
- In partnership with Amputee Golf Victoria, delivered a MyGolf clinic for kids with limb differences (an Australian first)
- Hosting 40th National Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Championship in partnership with the Indigenous Golf Association of Victoria
- Culturally diverse days
- Open days
- Introduced new membership categories to increase youth membership and improve gender equity
- Delivering inclusive golf clinics
Congratulations to Ballarat Golf Club on their success and we look forward to seeing more inclusive events and activities on offer in the future.
For more information on Ballarat Golf Club visit www.ballaratgolfclub.com.au